Menu

Something just for math facts? Addition/multiplication?

I.Dup.

My dd (8) still hasn't memorized her math facts yet (addition, or multiplication) and I'm wanting some workbook or something that will help her with that. I also need something similiar for my soon-to-be 1st grader so he can memorize these right off the bat. Does anyone know of a fun little workbook or game that just helps them learn those basic math facts?

Kristi, the CLE that we recommended to you in your other thread happens to have very good drill built right in. In fact, you might like it much more than you anticipate. It has reasonable drill sections with interesting ways the students track and record their scores. So it will be there if you go with CLE. Some kids don't learn as well from isolated fact practice as they do from just plain USING the math, in context. So in addition to a reasonable amount of built-in drill, I would also do a Flashmaster (takes nothing from you to implement), give her a multiplication table or addition table to use while she does her math (takes advantage of their visual memory, helps them see patterns!), and play games and do things that get the math into context. That's what worked for us.