Menu

Sample LETTER of Intent- NY

Don't sweat it. It's just a short letter informing the superintendent that you will be homeschooling. Here's my sample:

Letter of Intent

After you send this, you will receive a "packet" - some forms you don't have to use and a copy of the NY regulations. Then you have 4 weeks to send an IHIP (I have samples of those on my blog, too). It looks scarier than it really is. You'll be a pro at it in no time. :001_smile:

IF any one from NY could provide a sample letter of intent that they use I would appreciate it.

This will be my first LOI and Ive seen several samples on the internet but would like to be sure that Im providing the correct information.

:D THank you

Mine is pretty simple:

My address

City, NY zip code

Date

School District

Mailinng address

City, NY zip code

Dear (person at school district),

This is to inform you of our intent to homeschool our children (names) for the 2010-2001 school year.

Sincerely,

(signature)

Father's name

(signature)

Mother's name

I have found that I get far less flack, questions, comments, etc from the school district if my dh and I sign our paperwork separately.

Our district does send a letter acknowleding receipt of our intent, but hasn't sent me any packet in years (if ever? I can't remember). But that might only be because we've been homeschooling for so long.

I keep my IHIPs and quarterly reports equally simple.

Speaking of which, I still have to send in my 3rd quarterly report. I keep forgetting.

HTH!