Menu

Tell Me More Foreign Language

robsiew

Yes, we've used the French program. The boys seem okay with it. It initially started a bit advanced, but since I had taught them some already, they could do it. Ds 12 just told me a few phrases. He has a pretty good accent - better than mine. Last year, they came out with a complete beginner CD which filled in this gap better.

I haven't used any other computer based language program to compare to, but I'm basically satisfied with it. The main way, I can see to improve their French is to have them use it with French speakers, and to speak it more around our home. This doesn't seem to be happening. :001_huh:

The homeschool version allows me to track their progress so I know which one is doing the work, and which one is avoiding it as well as where their compentencies are.

Thanks for that library post! At the very least I can check it out ahead of time... I'm thinking this would be a bit much for a younger student (he'll be 10/11 when we start). He's had no Spanish at all... just Latin.

Thanks for input everyone!