Menu

Auralog Tell Me More...has this been updated?

I purchased the Homeschool version from the Buyer's Coop a year ago or more. We never used it but I pulled it out to preview for dd13 next year. I went online to the website and noticed that there is a 10 level program out for like $400! I think I only paid around $50? My program has only 4 levels! AND, it says it is for Complete Beginner but when I "tested" it...I found that it assumes you know certain vocab! My ds12 couldn't use this having never been exposed to the language! Ugh. I am so frustrated right now. Seems my program is now useless and the "newer" more complete version on sale now at the site is too much money for me. :glare:

My dd was using Tell Me More Spanish for free through the library. As long as she was in the introductory lessons, it was fine. Once she got past those, it started quizzing her on vocabulary that it had never taught. We really liked it at first, but it didn't last long for us.

I'm hoping that Visual Link Spanish will work. We're going to start it next week.

I purchased mine from the Homeschool Buyers Coop about 6 months ago and, if I remember correctly, it was advertised as a new version. Mine has 5 levels but you have the option of upgrading when you finish the 5 to make it 10 levels. You might want to check and see if you can upgrade with your version. Our French came with an introductory CD-Rom which makes it easier (the German didn't have one :eek:) but it's still doable without.

Auralog approachs learning from an immersion style so you don't learn the vocabulary before you use it; it's taught in context. Don't get frustrated. I would suggest trying it with your dd and see how it goes. My dd is 11 and she doing fine with it; if she doesn't understand every single word we don't worry about it, assuming she'll pick it up eventually and it seems to be working. However she doesn't use Auralog by itself; I incorporate easy readers, some vocabulary builders, DVDs, etc. Oh yes, .... and don't forget the solution buttons which will translate to English with a click!

BTW, what language are you using?

We are using Spanish. The version I have did not come with an intro. CDRom. This will be fine for my dd13 who has had a year of Spanish. For my ds12, who hasn't had any exposure, it will be difficult. I did email Auralog to see if I could upgrade. Thanks.

The new Spanish version does have an introductory CD so you may want to see if you are able to get that from Tell Me More as well. It may make it easier for your ds. I hope everything works out! :001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Trying to learn a new language is quite overwhelming. I gathered several books with CDs and subscribed Teach me online, still find it hard. Until a friend of mine introduced me to L-Lingo. She said I should try the free tutorials and see if I’m going to like their way of teaching. I am so amazed, with the audio-visual clips so I purchased it online. I never thought I could learn new language this quick!

:)