Menu

Long shot--Ikea weasel

My dd lost her weasel. She takes it most places, mostly we leave it in the car, but on occasion we take it to eat with us or in the grocery store. We've been lots of places the last few days for oldest's birthday and picking up kids for the slumber party. It's not in the house or in the car. DD is pretty upset.

We bought it probably about 2 years ago. We went last night and they didn't have any. I will be going to the one in Round Rock this weekend.

If anybody has been to an Ikea recently, did you see one?

fanby_md.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.ca/15-FERRET-WEASEL-Plush-ANIMAL-IKEA_W0QQitemZ400125072357QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d295013e5

I'd try your local craigslist too.

Good luck - I know what it's like when you lose a favourite stuffy. I lost one when I was a child in Poland but mine had originally come all the way from my Babcia in Canada. I had to wait months & months for a replacement teddy & when he came he was just a teeny bit different than the original teddy.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/15-FERRET-WEASEL-Plush-ANIMAL-IKEA_W0QQitemZ400125072357QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d295013e5

I'd try your local craigslist too.

Good luck - I know what it's like when you lose a favourite stuffy. I lost one when I was a child in Poland but mine had originally come all the way from my Babcia in Canada. I had to wait months & months for a replacement teddy & when he came he was just a teeny bit different than the original teddy.

The only thing that's stopping me from this is that they snipped the tags. Ikea has ridiculously long tags and dd likes them. I've got 20 hours to decide.

I'll check out the one in my country - they stock differently.

a

Appreciate this.

Also here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STUFFED-PLUSH-FERRET-WEASEL-TOY-ANIMAL-IKEA-/180514858739?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a078626f3

Good luck!

Barb

Also, when you do a search on Ebay or Craigslist, use the brand name "Fanby" as well to turn up more possibilities.

I didn't find anything on craigslist. The weasel you linked looks a little different. I wonder if they put out more than one.

I'm so sorry,

won't help with Weasel but hopefully you will get another but this is what we did.

My trick with college boy at that age was to tell him his Oni Got car sick.

Yep he had to leave him at home except for LONG trips and then he stayed in the car.

We walked out the door once when he was a little over 2. had oni in his hand, looked at him and said ONI gets car sick, threw him down and walked out the door.

We still have Oni.

Edited by ZooRho

I'm so sorry,

won't help with Weasel but hopefully you will get another but this is what we did.

My trick with college boy at that age was to tell him his Oni Got car sick.

Yep he had to leave him at home except for LONG trips and then he stayed in the car.

We walked out the door once when he was a little over 2. had oni in his hand, looked at him and said ONI gets car sick, threw him down and walked out the door.

We still have Oni.

I know. Usually he stays in the car, so I can't think of where she would have taken him without us knowing about it. I've called a few places, but no one has seen anything. We went birthday shopping at the mall (full of teenagers needing last minute things for prom) and she probably had it in her stroller.

I'm due for a trip to Ikea and I'll check when I'm there. Might not be for another week or so though.

Thanks so much.

I know. Usually he stays in the car, so I can't think of where she would have taken him without us knowing about it. I've called a few places, but no one has seen anything. We went birthday shopping at the mall (full of teenagers needing last minute things for prom) and she probably had it in her stroller.

Thanks so much.

WHOOPS I MEANT THE HOUSE. I wouldn't let him go with us in the car. oh wait I did say that. and long trips I mean like over 5 hours where we are spending the night somewhere else.