Menu

CLE Homeschool PLUS program?

2boysmom

We have not used this, but I am looking into it possibly for next year. You don't have to use all CLE products. You can substitute I think 2 or 3 different subjects, but CLE has to approve your choices in order for them to issue the credits. From what I have read the time or two something was mentioned it seems as though they are more than willing to work with you on any substitutions. HTH

Blessings,

Pat

I graduated from CLE Homeschool PLUS and my nephew is going to do the same in 3 years.

In addition to having your course preapproved, you report to CLE on the number of hours you spend on activities each day. You are also supposed to have a separate individual administer an achievement test (CLE sells CAT tests), and then before graduating you are supposed to go to a CLE school to have a final achievement test administered for graduation. (at least it worked this way when I was a student).

I graduated from CLE Homeschool PLUS and my nephew is going to do the same in 3 years.

In addition to having your course preapproved, you report to CLE on the number of hours you spend on activities each day. You are also supposed to have a separate individual administer an achievement test (CLE sells CAT tests), and then before graduating you are supposed to go to a CLE school to have a final achievement test administered for graduation. (at least it worked this way when I was a student).

With a CLE diploma, did you have any problems with college acceptance? (if you went to college). I have heard some schools reject BJU materials, I'm just curious if there is any problem with having a strictly CLE Christian philosophy, etc.? We are not Mennonite, but we are evangelical Christians and I like their materials. I just don't want having a CLE diploma to limit our prospects in any way for college entrance.

Did someone provide guidance and counsel for college entrance?

Do they provide help/counsel specifically in grading essays or writing assignments in general?

It really does sound like a valid option otherwise. I'm thinking about trying it for my son's 8th grade year just to see if it could work for us.

Thank you for your response:)

No, there was no "guidance counselor" type advice for colleges. Their diploma is not accredited but "recognized in the state of Virginia". My dad insisted I get a GED so my "options would be open". We had never heard of a GED being "limiting" like the posters here mention. I attended a state college, (Indiana University Southeast), so there was no competitive acceptance issue. They compete for students, not the other way around. I had to take "placement exams" and I think everyone did.

My parents took the Teacher Training course, and attended the CLE workshop week in Harrisburg VA. I am sure they talked about grading writing in general terms in that material, but there was no specific support for grading written material based on my specific assignments.

No, there was no "guidance counselor" type advice for colleges. Their diploma is not accredited but "recognized in the state of Virginia". My dad insisted I get a GED so my "options would be open". We had never heard of a GED being "limiting" like the posters here mention. I attended a state college, (Indiana University Southeast), so there was no competitive acceptance issue. They compete for students, not the other way around. I had to take "placement exams" and I think everyone did.

My parents took the Teacher Training course, and attended the CLE workshop week in Harrisburg VA. I am sure they talked about grading writing in general terms in that material, but there was no specific support for grading written material based on my specific assignments.

Thank you for this:)