Menu

Some of you remember that I adapted the Simply Charlotte Mason scripture memory system to function in a binder so it could be used for longer passages. That file was meant for tiny binders and didn't adapt well to larger ones because of the resolution of the images I used. Then my website went down and it was only because of cillakat putting it up on Google Docs that the world at large continues to have access to it.

Well, I'm making a second edition that will be full size. I also have some other changes and additions to make.

I want to have a page on which we can list all of the verses we hope to memorize that year or all of the verses we have memorized that year. I planned to have it set up like a blank table of contents with Memory Work 2010-11 across the top. But, it occurred to me that some folks don't follow a typical school year and would prefer it to say 2010. Then I thought, maybe it doesn't need to have a year at all. Maybe it could be just a list. One of my kids memorizes much more slowly than the others so it would take us years to fill up a page long list.

I need feedback! Which of these options would you prefer to head up the list of memorized stuff?

Memory Work

Memory Work 2010-11

Memory Work 2010

I like "Memory Work". We've set up your notebook, kind of as outlined in Living Memory. We're finishing our first year with it in that manner. Since we've been consistently inconsistent with memory work we'll keep the same verses and add to them.

I think I've decided on Works Memorized.

I'm at this point obsessing over what to do about the girliness of it: goddess on the cover (Mnemosyne of course), gold border corners. Do you think that sort of thing would bother the professor?

I like that, works memorized, it implies we've completed something. That would feel nice. :lol:

No, the professor would have no objections to such a cover. Can't wait to see it!

• 1 month later...
I think I've decided on Works Memorized.

I'm at this point obsessing over what to do about the girliness of it: goddess on the cover (Mnemosyne of course), gold border corners. Do you think that sort of thing would bother the professor?

I'm trying to find this, Rose. Where is it? :bigear: (Oh, and THANKS!).

We use this and my son likes the cover. :)

It makes it really easy to keep everything organized. We spend about 10 minutes a day and he completes a new passage once a week or so depending on how long the particular work happens to be.

We use this and my son likes the cover. :)

It makes it really easy to keep everything organized. We spend about 10 minutes a day and he completes a new passage once a week or so depending on how long the particular work happens to be.

Yay! I love to hear stuff like that.