Menu

Looking for Astronomy Suggestions

Parabola

I'm looking for suggestions for teaching astronomy/earth study next fall. I don't want anything that is purely workbook style. I'm looking for reading, hands on, labs, activities, lots of actual stargazing, and some actual physics,etc. Something with a little meat. And it has to be secular, I don't want any creationism entering into the picture.

I don't want it to be too simple, we already have read and learned a lot about earth and space, so I'm willing to consider ideas geared towards children older than mine.

I'm currently considering R.E.A.L. Science Earth and Space though I have reservations about it so I would like to hear other ideas. Any suggestion is welcome. TIA.

I've used homeschool science adventure kits before, I use them over the summer. Microscopic Adventures one year, birds this summer, astronomy I've planned for next summer. They're fun aren't they?

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them and I'll be looking into them. Thanks!

These are great. Thanks for taking the time. A lot of them I am familiar with. Actually, the Asimov book and Carl Sagan are books on my shelf now. They were books on my dad's shelf when I was growing up.

Its great having all of these in one list, I have copied and pasted the entire thing into a word document. Whether we use them to supplement or if I end up devising an astronomy plan of my own, this will be a great resource for years to come. Thank you so much!