Menu

CLASS (Christian Liberty Press)

My mom has 4 children she currently uses Abeka with and likes it, but is needing the kids to be a little more independent next year since she has 3 special needs kids that take up a lot of time and energy. She is thinking about the class program. She is thinking about enrolling my 2 brothers who will be in 10th grade next year in the CLASS program and then my brother and sister who are going into 7th would do the family program where they aren't enrolled with a teacher. Can I get opinions on this program and also do you know if and when the manuals start being written to the student?

Thanks!

Edited by LadyAberlin

My mom has 4 children she currently uses Abeka with and likes it, but is needing the kids to be a little more independent next year since she has 3 special needs kids that take up a lot of time and energy. She is thinking about the class program. She is thinking about enrolling my 2 brothers who will be in 10th grade next year in the CLASS program and then my brother and sister who are going into 7th would do the family program where they aren't enrolled with a teacher. Can I get opinions on this program and also do you know if and when the manuals start being written to the student?

Thanks!

Actually, CLASS came before Christian Liberty Press. :)

CLASS has a good reputation; it's one of the oldest distance-learning programs established specifically for homeschooled students. If I thought I needed to have an outside source for recordkeeping and whatnot, CLASS would be at the top of my list.

I'm not sure there are actual "manuals," at least not for every subject. For example, the description of the 7th grade "World Studies for Christian Schools" (which is published by BJUP) says that there are "supplemental Features questions,* answer key,* and 11 tests*." The asterisk footnote says those items are published by Christian Liberty Press; the teacher's manual published by BJUP is not included. In fact, all the items I looked up say "answer key" and not "manual."

I used it for my son several years ago for grade 8 and 9. For me I loved it as it gave him accountability and freed me up to work with other children. At the time we had 9 young children and he was giving me a hard time so turned him over to class for a couple of years!! I haven't used it since though.

Tricia was there an assignment schedule to follow and was it written to the students? I knew they did their own Answer keys. I wasn't sure though if they had a course syllabus or something that says Day one do this in History, this in lit..... etc. She is needing to free up her time as well. She is homeschooling 7 and her day just drags on all day long especially when dealing with the 3 with special needs and there are English language issues as well since they were adopted from various countries.

Tricia was there an assignment schedule to follow and was it written to the students? I knew they did their own Answer keys. I wasn't sure though if they had a course syllabus or something that says Day one do this in History, this in lit..... etc. She is needing to free up her time as well. She is homeschooling 7 and her day just drags on all day long especially when dealing with the 3 with special needs and there are English language issues as well since they were adopted from various countries.

There is no assignment schedule.