Menu

Fun Science Experiment Kit for the Summer?

Daisy

Anyone know of something that would be fun for the summer? Hubby is going in for surgery and will be out of commission the entire summer. I'm looking for fun activities to keep my kiddos busy.

Both of them love science so I thought a kit would be a good idea.

I don't want to spend $$ on junk though.

Any ideas??

Links to Amazon would really make my day. :D

I'm planning to use the book "Oobleck, Slime & Dancing Spaghetti: Twenty Terrific at Home Science Experiments Inspired by Favorite Children's Books" with my kids who are 7 & 10. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Oobleck-Slime-Dancing-Spaghetti-Experiments/dp/1933979348/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274495345&sr=8-1

It's not a kit, but it looks fun, and the items are easily accessible. I like it because it combines literature with science--basically you read a book & do a science experiment related to that book.

~julie

EG has a couple of the "Green Science" kits - she has clean water and weather station, but I know there's a potato battery and at least two or three others. If you search Green Science and/or Toysmith on amazon, some will pop up, and most of them are >$10 there. So far she's just done stuff out of the Clean Water one. FB was able to tag along and have fun with it too. :)

They sell the Little Professor kits. We've done a couple and they are really no stress - they come with everything but the water! DC learned a lot from the geography one and especially loved the volcano and staligmite/stalagtite experiments in the kit. Each kit has something like 10 experiments plus there's access to the Discovery Kids website which has movies, articles etc to read about the experiments. The website is:

http://www.academyofscienceforkids.com

Good luck,