Menu

Is LOF coming out with a book before fractions?

I spoke with Stan and he said it would take anywhere from 4m to 3y for each book for K-4. He has put alot of thought into font, size, what to include etc and would be making a start ASAP. He has just sent his Pre-algebra 2 with economics to the proof readers so was now free to concentrate on the younger set. He really doesn't have an ETA at this point. Also he didn't comment if he was starting at K and going up or at 4 and going down.

I spoke with Stan and he said it would take anywhere from 4m to 3y for each book for K-4. He has put alot of thought into font, size, what to include etc and would be making a start ASAP. He has just sent his Pre-algebra 2 with economics to the proof readers so was now free to concentrate on the younger set. He really doesn't have an ETA at this point. Also he didn't comment if he was starting at K and going up or at 4 and going down.

Woot! :001_tt1:

3 years = bad

but -- 4 mos for each = :hurray:

I am so unbelievably excited. Reading excerpts from all of his current books made we want to 'do' math all over again (even those dreaded calc and stats books)!

LOL -- I have the feeling that I'll be buying every single one of his books regardless of whether the girls like them or not -- just for ME to brush up on the math :)

I am just very glad to see him say 4 mos - 3 years. In other words, he is going to do a great job instead of worrying about a deadline.

:iagree:

That said, I'd love to see a 4th grade level book to fill the gap between Miquon & his other books next year.:001_smile: Can I make a request LOL???

Maybe he will zoom through the K-4 stuff and head for logic. Maybe he hasn't thought about that, maybe you should e-mail him :D
I have, about the time he was finishing LoF: Linear Algebra. He didn't seem eager to do another college level course, but there's always hope.

I'm thrilled that he's working on books for younger grades, but I'm rather bummed that the next Pre-Algebra book is economics instead of physics. I knew he was originally planning to do both, and then had dropped one, but for some reason I thought physics was the one he was finishing. Fred + physics just sounded like so much fun! I may skip the economics one. :(

Well, I'm a bit disappointed, as I was hoping for a LoF: Logic course.

Now that would be awesome!!!

Jackie

I hope he works backwards from fractions... easier for keeping continuity in the series. I wonder how he'll address the topic areas Multiplication/Division? Addition/Subtraction? Time, Money and Measurements? Just wondering. :D

I'd love to see a 4th grade level book to fill the gap between Miquon & his other books next year.:001_smile: Can I make a request LOL???