Menu

Update on my son...

I came on my computer this morning and just sat in absolute shock and silence from the kindness of all of you. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for all of you. I have been here and long time and thought of you all as my computer family. Please, please, please know how thankful I am for everything you are doing.

I still do not have much info. The Army has come out to my house 4 times to sign more papers. Yesterday, he said that Timmy may travel on Thursday. I do not know how long it will take for him to go from Alaska to Florida. I just have so many unanswered questions.

When he does finally make it home, we will be having a service at Calvary Chapel in St. Petersburg Florida. He will be given a military funeral at Bay Pines Memorial Cemetary. This is a veterans cemetary near the water.

Timmy loved fireworks, so we will be celebrating his life by lighting up the sky.

I still feel numb. The pain is unimaginable and I am hearing him tell me to be strong for my Savannah and Sebastian. He wouldn't want me to cry. He was always joking with me. He lived to make me laugh and everyone else around him laugh. So, I am trying very hard to except that God just put him in my life for the amount of years He did - so I would have joy. He was my joy and he will always be remembered as my light.

When I know more and when I am able I will post more. I think somebody got my information. I really am not sure. I cannot thank you all enough. I wish there were words to tell you how much. Please keep praying for us. My husband is having a very hard time. He is so sad. Thank you.

Kari, it's true that your Timmy had every day of his life, just as it was planned. And the pain is so terrible. But the time will come when you hurt less. Just be tender with yourself and your husband. If you each hurt too much to help the other, that's OK at times. Do what you have to in order to keep going.

May God hide your soul in the cleft of the Rock while this storm passes over you all. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Kari :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I want to thank you again for comforting me when I was distraught over my son joining the reserves.

I feel like I know you and Timmy by reading through your blog. He was a tremendous gift and blessing. Your love for him is so obvious. You are such a beautiful person!!!

I'm SO SORRY for the pain you're all enduring.

:grouphug: Still thinking of you, Kari. Thank you for updating us. Of course we would shower you with kind words - one of "our own" has been hurt badly and I think it goes right into all of our motherly hearts.

I am so sorry that it is taking so long to receive him back to your home territory - this week of waiting must be so hard.

When or if you are ever able or willing, I would love to hear *why* you felt Timmy was specifically sent to you when he was. I read that on your blog, and it captured my attention. I'll bet there's a great story behind it.

Kari, so many things must be going through your mind, so many memories flooding back. Don't hold your tears in. They are a vital part of grieving and essential to some kind of healing. I am sure one never "heals" completely. A woman in our bible study lost a son several years ago and she says that the searing pain turns into an ache from which she is able to assist others who are experiencing this tragedy.

Right now, the road before you seems too long and too painful to walk - but with HIS grace, take one step at a time.

Kari, I don't hang out here very much these days, so I am just now learning of your son's death. I am so very sorry for your loss. I have not been there, and of course hope never to be there, but just contemplating the depths of grief a mother feels upon losing her child is frightening. It seems unbearable. I so wish there was something I could do, something I could say, to ease your pain. I can only hope that the Peace that passes all understanding will come to you when you least expect it, carrying you along through this valley. (((Kari)))

Thank you for the update Kari. Please let us know when the service is, I'm going to try to be there. Also, if you and your family need anything while you are in the Tampa area please let me know and I'll try to do what I can to help you.

Your family if in my thoughts, prayers for you and yours.

Melissa