Menu

Science plan for 11th and 12th - in VA

My son has taken Apologia Biology and Chemistry.

Mathematically, he's not ready for Physics just yet.

Any suggestions? I'd love for him to do something at the CCollege...the choices aren't things I'm familiar with as science was NOT my thing so I don't know what he needs mathematically.

Any suggestions? He was hoping for Marine Biology but that's not offered in the mountains of VA :)

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

We are doing Apologia's Advanced Biology after Chemistry for the same reason, then will do Physics the next year. I'm an RN so I'm a bit biased;) but doing Advanced Biology is a requirement in our homeschool because I feel it's extremely important to understand the human body. We can fit in both Advanced Biology and Physics but if we only had time for one it would be Advanced Biology.

I was a CNA, even did hospice, in nursing school for my RN before my CNM. (never finished) Now after 20 yrs I am in massage school for my LMT and then am finally going to crystallize my lifelong study of nutrition and cooking with a dual degree in those too--long story short, Adv Biol is a requirement at my house too! :)

Apologia has a marine biology course available. :)

Apologia Marine Biology

AM-MARBIOL.jpg

This new Marine Biology course from Apologia is ideal for high school juniors or seniors who have completed first-year biology and would like to pursue marine biology or another field in life science. To make labs easier, get our complete dissection and microscope lab kits with the non-household materials you need. You can view a sample module and the table of contents. Grades 11-12. Save 20% on the text & CD versions of this course!