Menu

Joan - I found a livre de professeur for the Hachette Histoire Géographie 5e...

The tricky bit is that I will have to buy the livre de l'élève as well, so they match. I think I am going to do this, though. While my son doesn't exactly like history, he likes all the pictures and doesn't complain too much about it. It is the right level French-wise. He is learning vocab. And it is helping him to learn to learn out of textbooks (something we haven't done much of in the past but he will have to do lots of in the future). So - I'm going to get them. I'm still figuring out what to do about the français but I have some good solid ideas now. I found the livre de prof on the Hachette site itself, and the site actually let me leaf through the livre de l'élève so I can see how the new edition differs from the one we have.

-Nan

I had given up thinking it would be August...

I would offer to bring it if it makes a big shipping difference, but dh doesn't go until August and you might want it before. If you don't, I'd be happy to bring it for you...

About your other post re progress...some of the errors are very typical homophonic types that they study in French (Swiss) class here (maybe a bit trickier level). Still, I'll look around for some simple exercises...They are common errors that don't show up when speaking!

I think I'll ask some friends at the international school. When nonfrancophone kids come in who want to do the bilingual program, they put them in a special class I think, to bring their French up to speed. It would be interesting to see what materials they use...

Joan

Definately interesting! I would love to know how they bring them up to speed!

It turns out that the histoire isn't coming out until August. Schoenhof's, who ordered it for me, says that it will be here by Sept. because Hachette is always on time or earlier with their release dates, though, so I have ordered it anyway. The Hachette site let me put it in my basket, I posted, and then I tried to navigate my way the rest of the way through the ordering process, got frustrated when they tried to attatch me to a school in Milton (that bilingual program we looked at in the umbrella thread!), and gave up and called Schoenhof. Thank you very much for your offer of sending it to me. I think we will do it this way, though, because I was able to look at the new version and I think the writing directions will be more helpful, at least at the beginning. My son can write a report, but he has trouble writing a report from a specific set of documents (one of his missing textbook learning skills). Let's hope it all comes through ok.

-Nan

Edited by Nan in Mass