Menu

s/o "Without the help of our children, I don't see how we could educate them"

This is a quote from RegGuheert/Mom's in the Garden on another thread that just keeps coming up in my mind and makes me smile. (ETA - I made a mistake in the quote - it should be "don't see how we could possibly manage" - sorry).

I remember too another comment by Jane about learning from our children and then various other people have made similar comments on various threads which are no longer are traceable in my "aging" memory...

To me it is the sign of a healthy homeschool....it helps keep us humble - we are not "know-it-all's"...it helps the dc feel worthwhile...

I know for me that my dc are sometimes my memory..."Mom, I'm supposed to take a test today"...my search engines..."here's the definition", etc...the interest sparks "Let's do a science fair!" and of course adding their "takes" on current events...asking great questions that change the course of a debate...

How have yours contributed to their education? This thread is for our "children" to see how helpful they are...

Joan

Edited by Joan in Geneva