Menu

X-post Logic / How is this text?

We're currently doing Fallacy Detective and will follow that up with Thinking Toolbox. The high school program we're working through has the following logic course available for 1/2 credit:

Logic

This course is to help the student reason well to see more clearly if an argument reaches a sound conclusion, to determine if an answer is reasonable. As the author states, “You will more surely be able to synthesize the knowledge you possess into clear communication to advance the truth.†Part I: Introduction to Logic; Part II: Detecting Sophistical Arguments; Part III: Formal Logic; Part IV: Symbolic Logic. One-half year, one-half credit. Highly recommended for the college-bound.

Text: Principles of Clear Thinking

Does anyone know anything about "Principles of Clear Thinking"? I googled and came up with it being sold on Amazon. The title reads Intro to Logic - Principles of Clear Thinking and is then followed by for gifted high school or junior college students, or something to that effect. There is no photo or other info, but it sounds to me like more of a full credit course.

Does this sound like a reasonable next step after the two informal logic books we're using, or would it be better to use something in between? Have any of your students done this course or used this text?