Menu

Easy Grammar Plus VS. Easy Grammar Ultimate Series: 180 Daily Lessons

I know they're from the same program, but am really having trouble choosing one to use. I will be in 11th grade next year, so I figured I'd get the Easy Grammar Ultimate for 11th grade. But then, I found Easy Grammar Plus. I do NOT have a strong background in grammar, so which would you recommend?

I am taking an American Literature course, so this isn't for an English class, just to help me along a bit. I plan on giving it a 1/2 credit on my transcript.

So, which would you recommend?

Do they assume prior knowledge? Which one teaches more?

This is quoting Susan C.

They are self teaching.

The Daily Lessons have about 5 exercises to reinforce grammar concepts. They will be broken up, kind of like drills. If you want a 10 minute a day review to keep grammar concepts fresh, this will do it. I did the earlier ones, typically it has a punctuation sentence, a part of speech sentence, etc. This isn't a learn in order grammar book, it is review.

The Easy Grammar Plus is also self teaching, but will have more exercises to do, all in one concept. You'll have a chapter on verbs, nouns, etc.

I am tempted to recommend the Easy Grammar Plus. I used it with both kids after they had done bits and pieces of grammar. It put everything together for them in an easy way, and we have used what we learned in it to do harder grammar programs.