Menu

Advice, suggestions on writing...

I'm trying to figure out next years English for dd and I don't know what to do for writing. She had English at ps last term and we both agree it was just a waste of time, as they didn't teach any writing at all and now I'm trying figure out what do. I feel stuck like she still needs writing instruction, but I would like to have her be able to apply it in her other subjects. So I was thinking of having her finish the WS series she started when she was home. She would do WS 6 now and over the summer followed by WS 7 and the Expositon Writing book in the fall in addition to the Lively Art of Writing. I'd love to have her take the Write@Home Essay I, Essay II, and Research Paper workshops next year, but I'm not sure I can swing the $$$. I know I will have her do the Research Paper for sure though.

She'll also be using Vocabu-lit, Sentence Composting for High School, and Easy Grammar Daily Grams gr. 11.

What do you think?