Menu

Latin question

My two ds completed Latina Christiana 1 and 2. For various external reasons, we did not do Latin this year. They have just weekly reviewed the vocabulary. Next year they will be in 7th and 8th grade. I am looking at either First Form Latin or Henle Latin. They will do it together independently of me. What are your recomendations? Thanks, Lillian

I think I answered your post on FF on the other board. I have used FF and Henle with my children. Next year, I will be using SF in tandem with Henle based on a schedule I put together. IMO Henle is easily doable at your children's ages. My oldest used Henle exclusively.

Having used both, I have to respectfully disagree with you. FF content is middle school level. Like Henle, it is grammar-centric, but it lacks the depth and rigor of Henle. The FF format is certainly more user friendly, though. FWIW, Highlands Latin School uses FF and SF content followed by Henle I.