Menu

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day

:grouphug: Sorry it was so bad. Does it help that you aren't alone? My expectations of Mothers Day are very, very low. It's "just another day" I tell myself. But, when I hear my friends brag about all the wonderful things their dh and kids did for them...I do get a bit sad and jealous. It's only natural. My oldest made me a neat scrapbook "album" (3 pages anyway), my ds10 made me a pin in school and a nice card...the others said Happy Mothers Day when prompted by dh. Mine was crappy b/c we visited MY mother and even though I am a mother now...it's still all about her. Ah well... And dh got me a card and a chocolate bar (on the way to church today...). I shouldn't complain. It was, after all, just another day. And tomorrow is still Monday. :lol: I hope everyone else had a fabulous day, though!

Nah not really. It wasn't as bad as my 30th birthday earlier in the year though. All special occasions in my honour organised by dh involve taking the kids to a park. Funnily enough, that doesn't thrill me and lunch at a bakery isn't terribly thrilling either.

At least the weather was nice for it. Not too hot and not to cold :001_smile:

Rosie

I try to just think of it as "another day", and if something special happens, then it's a blessing! Easier said than done, especially since it falls on a Sunday and you're likely to be asked by others "what did you get for mother's day????". Hard not to have an answer sometimes.....

:grouphug: I had a rotten day too. I try to have low expectations, but can't seem to get them low enough.

All I ever want on ANY Mother's Day is the one thing I cannot ask for an actually get. Sincere acknowledgment that there is some way I make their lives a little better. Just SAY Happy Mother's Day and mean it. That's all. Really. I do not like feeling like I'm being checked off a list. :glare:

I think it's worse for stay at home moms and possibly even more so for us home school moms. Just a theory, but it seems like a pretty good one. After all, how would most of us describe ourselves? I'm a wife and mom. It's my one job right now, and it is ALL consuming. I'd like to be told I'm not totally screwing it up. :001_unsure: