Menu

Onlyme--Care to tell us a bit about yourself?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like all this attention on this coy little call out thread would only make the problem worse. Im not sure why someone couldnt just post here about tats if they wanted, anyway.

There are plenty of message boards where people can talk about tats and piercings all they want. Why would someone who is not a homeschooler (and probably not even a parent) want to hang out on a board for homeschooling parents?

Similarly, there's nothing wrong, in principle, with posting pix of kids with cute haircuts, but when someone who isn't a homeschooler, or even a parent, joins the WTM forum and suddenly starts asking parents here to post photos of their preteen boys with long hair, that just seems kinda creepy to me.

I don't know if people are aware of how frequently posts on this board come up in google searches. It's very very easy for people to wander in here from a random google search on a topic that has nothing to do with homeschooling.

Jackie

Just for a different point of view, I am SO OUT OF IT! When I first saw 'onlyme' I thought it was someone who knew TONS about Lyme Disease!:glare:

Of course, I scan quickly many of the titles of threads, and I see stuff that is just a little off from what is actually there OR I 'channel Doran' answer the question in my head and move on.

Really! ON LYME! I am always searching for stuff on Lyme Disease for my dd29 who has chronic lyme's -- and I thought - WOW!

.......never mind!:leaving:

.... sounds remarkably like another poster we had a while ago who started several threads about boys with long hair and asked people to post photos of their preteen boys with long hair. When asked to provide info about herself and if she was a homeschooler, she (if it was a "she") provided similarly vague answers.

Jackie

Ms J:

No, not me.

No idea who you are referring to.

Maybe I should say, have nice day, instead of take care, if the 'take care' doesn't sound North American enough.

I think if there's some question about a poster being a former troll under a new name it should be taken up with admin. They can check IP addresses to confirm such things.

I also find this entire thread pretty uncomfortable. If this poster is a troll, then it is just feeding the situation. If this poster is a 'regular' person, then it seems a little mean spirited. I do understand the need/desire to protect the community, but I'm not sure this is the kindest or most effective way to go about it.

If this poster is a troll, then it is just feeding the situation.

:iagree:

If a poster appears to be a troll, contacting an administrator seems to be the best way to deal with it. That and ignoring his/her posts if they bother you.

My bil's blog is called Only me - but he is too busy to be a troll;)

I have been trying to encourage dd to start a blog about her experience and what she has had to do to heal --

guess I better light a fire under her! It's interesting how we all read things, isn't it?

Again, I don't know what ppl are talking about. This site is great, but I only came across it recently and I don't have another screen name, no way. There must be someone else.

I think I've also tried to answer ppl's q.s in earlier posts today; I guess I ought to be flattered that I'm the subject of a thread! Doesn't do much good for my modesty, lol.

:D Way to keep a great attitude! Love it!

Again, I don't know what ppl are talking about. This site is great, but I only came across it recently and I don't have another screen name, no way. There must be someone else.

I think I've also tried to answer ppl's q.s in earlier posts today; I guess I ought to be flattered that I'm the subject of a thread! Doesn't do much good for my modesty, lol.

Onlyme, I have never heard of the curriculum you use, can you tell us more about it?

Are both your children homeschooled now?

PNEU (Parents National Education Union????) was a Charlotte Mason curriculum back in the 90's or early 2000's. I subscribed to their newletter. I think the family that started it lived in Texas. It might have morphed into Ambleside Online, but in any event I haven't heart about it for years.

Ms J I P:

3blessingmom gave the link, above, in her post today, (at 9.51AM)

(This was quite some years ago, actually.)

Hmmm, I clicked on that and didn't see a curriculum but more of a description of a method. I only skimmed it though.

PNEU (Parents National Education Union????) was a Charlotte Mason curriculum back in the 90's or early 2000's. I subscribed to their newletter. I think the family that started it lived in Texas. It might have morphed into Ambleside Online, but in any event I haven't heart about it for years.

Thanks, that's interesting, I hadn't heard of it before and I thought I'd seen everything on this forum!

Onlyme, Are you still using PNEU and are you still homeschooling?

EDIT: I see you edited to say you haven't used PNEU in a while. Are you still homeschooling?

Ms JIP:

Like I said in the last post, this is quite some years ago when I used it.

Yes, but you edited that info in, and I responded before your edit 2 minutes ago. ;)

(you posted at 1:11 then edited at 1:20, the same time as my post, then came back 2 minutes ago to tell me I missed the info. :rolleyes: )

Are you still homeschooling?

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

This is, apparently, a game and some people are VERY good at playing it.

I don't really know what the POINT of it is, but if this were happening IRL I would just walk away......

If someone is continually going to ignore questions and/or give incomplete answers then it's just not much of a conversation, is it? :glare:

:auto:

Though I'd already given lots of answers, if this is what Ms Cyndi is referring to.

For about the third time, no longer involved in homeschooling activities, (but supportive of it)

Maybe I should bow out of this thread, flattering though it is!

Edited by onlyme

Though I'd already given lots of answers, if this is what Ms Cyndi is referring to.

Do you homeschool your children now? (third time's a charm :D)

(and please don't go back to one of your previous posts and edit in that info. and tell me you've already answered that question.) :lol: :lol: :lol: ETA: I shouldn't have made that text so light! I see she edited the info 5 minutes after this post from the direct quote above to:

For about the third time, no longer involved in homeschooling activities, (but supportive of it)

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

Well, you could just make it simple & say what age your kids are & if you're homeschooling them. That's what people want to know.

Or you can continue to spar.

What the heck is going on in here? :banghead:

:leaving:

Probably this:

duel.gif

I don't think this:

1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together_.gif

Not this:

Juggle.gif (I think of Tina on the curric board when I see this -- she is a WONDER!)

And, I guess at some point, there is someone who is hoping THIS anim_19.gifwill happen.

This is, apparently, a game and some people are VERY good at playing it.

I don't really know what the POINT of it is, but if this were happening IRL I would just walk away......

If someone is continually going to ignore questions and/or give incomplete answers then it's just not much of a conversation, is it? :glare:

:auto:

I just bought a whole bag of troll food. Can't I feed it for just a little while. Please!

I'm all about a good writing program as long as we don't have to delve into any controversial topics like crockpots, shoes in houses or shopping carts. :001_smile:

:lol:

The way we go off on crockpots and bathing suits, a visitor might think we're all trolls!

I think people just wanna get their board back.

I mean, in the course of a few days we have had this nonsense coupled with the whole fiasco of listing each individual item separately on the For Sale Board..... :glare:

I've come to a theory about that. I think that's HOW they're getting their post points up so they LOOK legit and trustworthy.

Dorinda (running away now before a troll eats me :leaving:)

While I admit the new poster's writing is different, the whole "coy little call out" thread, as you say, reminds me of sitting in the cafeteria as a pre-teen and watching the supposedly cool girls snicker, roll their eyes, and make comments about kids as they walk by, at times erupting in laughter together when someone obviously different went by. I think it was immature then just as it is now. Feeding the squirrels, as they say, is never productive.

Agreed.

The fact that I have been reprimanded by concerned board members via pm coupled with being accused of being immature, coy, mean spirited, and unkind makes me think I should defend myself.

But on the other hand, the troll has been outed, so my work here is done.

From what I read...she was open about no longer homeschooling, but was supportive of it. I really hope being akward, doesn't get us banned. I know I can be extremely akward at times...esp first thing in the morning ;)

That said I started to wonder if english was not her first language.