Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Homemaker

Does anyone have the "if then" chart from doorposts?

If so, would you mind sharing the consequences that your family has filled in? We got one at the homeschool bookfair and need ideas to fill it in.

I do. Mine came with a list of possible consequences. We (when we remember to use it) have the child read the bible verse associated with the infraction, and then the consequence (loss of privilege, time out, extra jobs). We use the same the consequences as we've always had, with a little tweeking as needed.

I bought it and ended up not using it because I didn't want to come across as using the Bible in conjunction with punishment. I think it could be a turnoff for some kids, make them want to avoid the Bible. I do use the Bible for teaching, but I try to keep it during positive times.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin