Menu

Chalkdust Algebra I-- help!

I'm trying to piece the course together to make it more affordable. I ordered the DVD's from amazon, but when they came they were for Introductory and Intermediate Algebra, but the book I have is for Algebra I (2nd edition). The chapters aren't matching up. Is it possible to make it line up, or do I need to try to find either a different text or DVD set?

Thanks,

--Dawn

HM/Cengage revised the DVDs and now sells a single set to cover Beginning Alg, Intermediate Alg, and the Combined text. When you start the DVD, it will ask which text and chapter you're using, and it loads the lesson for that. They may not line up as well as the old ones did (the concepts will be the same, even if the sample problems might not be), but that's how HM is selling them these days. It's very very difficult to find the "original" Beginning Alg DVDs for sale anywhere (and believe me, I tried).

I'm not sure you have the right edition of the book, though ~ I have Larson's Elementary Algebra, 4th edition, with a red abstract art sort of cover. It's this one. The combined text is called Elementary and Intermediate Algebra: A Combined Course, 4th edition. It has the same cover, but orange.

Jackie

Thanks. That is not the text that I have, but mine says it's a "special publication for chalkdust", by Ron Larson. I'll try loading it and see if I can get them to match up. I really apprecaite you linking me to the picture--there are so many out there it's hard to tell.

Dawn