Menu

A little help

Guest GregDu4

Guest GregDu4

I am weighing secular school vs Christian.

My son would like to pursue a finance degree and I have been having difficulty in finding a strong business program at a Christian school.

Looking for help.

The only CC i have located with a business school is Anderson University in Indiana.

Thanks much.

My son will be double majoring in Business at Covenant College in GA - looking to go into microfinance. When I asked for their major field test scores to assess the program they scores in the 95th percentile overall. There were a couple of lower scores, but most were quite high - beating other secular and Christian schools we had been considering. I was impressed.

If you're assessing colleges, check to see which ones give the major field tests for business and ask for their scores. See which sub-subjects appeal most to you and add those thoughts into your equation for evaluating schools.

I haven't seen you around this board much, so here is the URL to a thread that you might not have seen, entitled Christian College Stats:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160154

Creekland added a gazillion Christian colleges and their admissions stats to the thread. That might give you a bunch of Christian colleges to look at that you might not have thought of.

I spent 5 minutes this morning looking, and I found that Liberty, Baylor, Le Tourneau, and Hardin-Simmons have finance majors, and Biola has a business school. Wheaton doesn't seem to have much of a business program. I know that John Brown University has quite a close connection with the business community although they do not list a finance major.

I'm sure you can find quite a bit more.