Menu

Wisconsin!

Howdy!

I think we've spoken before. . . sorry for the repeat questions if so.

Our move to LaCrosse (Holmen) is coming in 2011 I think or early 2012.

Are there homeschool groups or contacts you could direct me to?

Thanks!

CalicoKat

Whew were in town over the holiday weekend scoping out the next move and we're focusing on West Salem instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Welcome to Waukesha area! There are lots of homeschoolers around this area and also great support groups. Please let me know if you have question and I will be glad to try to help out.

Be well

Miriam

Thanks! We were looking at houses yesterday. My children are used to being in the city - Chicago - not far from downtown. they are used to lots of people, very close neighbors, and diversity. This change is going to be huge for them! I want to start coming to some park days or other homeschool gatherings before we move so they have a chance to start meeting people. Anyone have any good info for me?

If you are interested, on Tuesdays and Thursday a group in Waukesha county meet at a park in Brookfield. The park is called Marx Park and is off of Barker Road. We meet from 1 - 4pm or so. Let me know if you are coming. If I am not going to make I can let the group know that a newcomer will be coming so they can be on the lookout for you. Have you decided on a location yet?

Be well

Miriam

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just want to let those of you in the Milwaukee area know about CYT (Christian Youth Theater) Milwaukee. They will be starting classes this Fall. Following is the information put out by my friend Lori Walla. Two of my boys are involved with CYT and LOVE it. I was a coordinator for two summer camps this summer. It is a lot of fun for kids and parents alike. CYT is a great way to supplement the arts into our homeschooling. FYI Lori is a homeschooling mom as well.

CYT classes (10-week session) in Milwaukee!

Thursday, September 8 at 6:00pm at West Layton Assembly of God, Greenfield, WI

The long awaited day has come, and it is with enthusiastic joy I announce to you... Christian Youth Theater (CYT) classes are now available in Milwaukee!!! Christian Youth Theater is an after-school theater arts training program for students ages 5 - 18. Since its founding in 1981 in California, CYT has grown to be the largest youth theater in the nation. CYT stands in the forefront in its commitment to the highest ethical, moral, technical and artistic standards of excellence -- "Developing Character, One Stage at a Time!" FALL CLASS INFORMATION: -Online Registration: https://www.cytchicago.org/pag​es.aspx?tag=classmilwaukee

-Class Location: West Layton Assembly of God 11530 W. Layton Avenue, Greenfield WI -Start Date: Thursday, Sept. 8th -End Date: Thursday, Nov. 17th -Class Time: 6:00-8:00pm every Thursday, except Oct. 27th

-Early Bird Registration: $135.00 by Aug. 25th -Standard Registration: $150.00 -Sibling Discount: Any family that enrolls more than one child in CYT will receive $25 off for every child enrolled after the first child. -Classes Offered: Drama, Dance, Improv, Musical Theater, Audition Workshop, and Our Gang.

PRODUCTION/SHOW INFORMATION: -Fall Production: enrolled Milwaukee students are eligible to audition for Kenosha's production of "A Christmas Carol" for the Fall Session. -Auditions: Friday, Sept. 9th @ Lord of Life Lutheran Church in Kenosha.

-Show dates: Dec. 8-11th @ Reuther Auditorium in Kenosha. -Note: for Winter Session, we are making plans to have our first CYT production in Milwaukee! CYT

Mission Statement: CYT is dedicated to developing character in children and adults through training in the arts and by producing wholesome family entertainment, all of which reflect Judeo-Christian values. For more information about CYT: www.cytchicago.org

Questions? Please don't hesitate to ask! Would love to hear from you! My contact information is below... p.s. To help further spread the word about CYT in Milwaukee, please pass the information on to your friends and family! We're looking forward to see CYT grow and thrive in this area!

Many Blessings, ~Lori Walla~ Area Coordinator CYT Milwaukee 414-732-0289 milwaukee@cytchicago.org

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest tschilling

Anyone near the Eagle, East Troy, Whitewater area? Sons 13, 9, 4, 2 Daughter 12. Looking for small group or just a family to do things with.

Hi! I've posted here some before, but not in this thread. I'm in southwest WI, Richland Center area, an hour north of Jean in Wisc, who has given me much help w/curricular choices over the years. :)

We are into NCFCA speech and debate, so if you want to hear about that, email me! We have a club in the Hillsboro area...

Colleen

mom to Anna, 25; Beth, 23; Cara, 20; Dawn, 18; Evan, 16; Faith, 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi!

I live in Wauwatosa with my dh, crazy dog, and 3 kids (2, 6, & 9).

I've been on the boards here mostly as a lurker soaking up all of the wisdom these past few years but I never thought to share my favorite homeschooling with this board, my homeschool group! the group as a whole isn't especially Well Trained Mind but I enjoy the diversity of learning that goes on within and around the group. Check us out sometime:

https://www.homeschool-life.com/wi/mahl/

MAHL is a community of homeschooling families who gather for friendship, activities and support. Our membership is varied and all are welcome. Our structure is fluid; we depend on individual parents and children to take the initiative to make good things happen.

Optional MAHL meetings are held from October to May on the 1st and 3rd Mondays. Meetings usually include a multi-age, organized activity and free time. From June to September we meet at various parks around Milwaukee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're home shopping in WI - seriously, this time. I'd love a PM from anyone in Ozaukee or Waukesha counties so I can ask questions about HS groups in the area, available classes, etc.

thanks!!

-andy

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...