Menu

RE: Jacobs Algebra and Dr. Callahan DVD's?

Does anyone have any feedback on Dr. Callahan's DVD's? I am pondering Algebra and wondering which way to go. The price point is much more favorable than the Chalkdust...........however, hardly worth the savings if it is not any good.

Hi Julie,

It has been a while since we used them, one year, I think... but I do remember thinking that $100 was a lot of money to have a simple restatement of material and one or two worked examples all directly from the book ... no further or different information offered. We weren't all that impressed, and the vid quality isn't great.

My 2 cents.... hopefully someone will have more info to offer you.

~Jen in NY

Edited by Jen in NY

I have not used Dr Callahan's DVDs (from what I understand, they are not secular which would be an issue for us). However, I have used Jacobs Algebra and I would think that part of the problem with making lectures to accompany the text is that the bulk of the instruction is in the problem sets. We loved Jacobs Algebra here.

Have you seen the DVDs that go with Foerster's Algebra I by Math Without Borders? We are using the ones that go with Foerster's Algebra II and I'm very happy with them.