History: U.S. History 2 using a combo. of Glencoe

American Vision and History of U.S. books 7-10

English: Windows to the World, a Intro to Lit. Analysis

The Elegant Essay for writing

maybe LLATL American Lit. Gold and some additional readings

of classic am. lit. books

P.E./Health: at home physical therapy for her bad knees and lots of walking

Total Health book

elective: baking and cake decorating (her love and future career)

she needs one more class, our options are

Art: I have Artistic Pursuits and Feed My Sheep

Latin: Henle 1 (she took latin from 4th thru 8th, this year she took spanish but hated it so will go back to latin for her required 2 years of high school foreign lang. she is thinking about waiting and taking latin for 11th and 12th

Accounting: she wants to eventually take her dad's curriculum Prof. in a Box Accounting, but not sure if she wants to take it next year or wait till 11th

I told her to choose one of the above 3 classses for next year. Any opinions are welcome.

Wow, this looks almost exactly like dd's 11th grade schedule. Our sixth class is Spanish. And, she even does cake decorating. I keep track of how long she spends on it, when she gets around 150 hours, I will give a credit. If your dd keeps with Latin, she might want to check college requirements, some don't accept Latin. DH had to take Spanish in college after taking Latin in high school..... now he mixes them up...

This is very similar to my ds's 10th grade.

For his 6th class, we used Smarr Intro to Philosophy (1/2 cr.) and an online clss from Memoria Press called Intro to Music Theory. (He needed 1/2 music credit and this fit the bill.)

He doesn't do cake decorating...but makes a mean brownie :001_smile:

Faithe

4wildberrys,

Even tho, her goal is to go to a 2 year culinary school and get her associates, dh wants her to be prepared in case somewhere along the line she changes her mind, she will be ready to attend a 4 year college.

Oh, okay---that's exactly what we are requiring of our dd too, who doesn't 'think' she wants a 4-year degree but isn't as settled on a specific career goal yet. ;)