Menu

Is three History courses too much?

I will be taking US History 2, only because this year we only learned US History 1. So we will be adding stuff to US History 2 to make it a full year course. Literature and such. Anyways, I will also be taking a Literature based Ancient History full year course (3 days weekly), and also a 1/2 year course of Government. Is this too much? Should I maybe drop Government since it does not really mix with US History 2? Should I keep it? Would colleges think I was lying on my transcript to take 2 1/2 History courses?

Colleges shouldn't think you are lying as long as your total credits that year are reasonable (6 or 7 would be considered normal). Many students have 4 history credits, and some have more. It just sounds like you will be doing them in the same year. That may not be common, but I doubt a college would question it unless it has some policy against accepting more than one course in the same subject area each year. I have not encountered that, though. The Government credit may be required in your state, so you may not be able to drop it completely. You could do it another year, if you have another year of school before graduating. Before you drop it you should determine if you need to have the .5 credit in government.