Menu

What would be better for my budding veterinarian for upper level math?

TT or CD? What is better, more thorough for the college bound?

Also for science, I know chemistry and biology obviously, would you go into physics or just do 2 years of each chem (1&2) and bio (1&2)?

She is only in 6th now, but I want to start thinking. She is dead set about being a vet. The summer she turns 14 the vet in town said he would let her work with him in the summer. She is SOOO excited!:D

At the risk of sounding stupid what is CD? I am sure once I read the answer I will realize I should have known the answer but I have to ask. I have a future veternarian on my hands as well...;)

If it means Chalkdust, then I agree...no comparison. I would also suggest little physics, MUCHO biology and chemistry. Organic chem is a BEAST and she'll have to pass it to move on!

If it means Chalkdust, then I agree...no comparison. I would also suggest little physics, MUCHO biology and chemistry. Organic chem is a BEAST and she'll have to pass it to move on!

Thank you! Somedays it's hard to keep all of my abbreviations straight! :001_smile:

What is organic chemistry?

A course that she will not have to worry about until college:D.

I never took chemistry in high school.....shocker, I know. I would recommend taking biology, chem, and physics in high school, but if they miss something they can pick it up in college. There are still four years of college to conquer before getting into vet school. I don't remember anything I learned in high school, and I remember only some of what I learned in college. I remember approx. 20% of what I knew at the time of my national veterinary boards.

Just make sure your kids are getting a good college prep education and don't sweat the individual course requirements until college. If they are very serious about being a vet, pick an undergrad college that has a vet school (there are only 28 in the US and 3 in Canada) and that will give them an advantage when it comes to meeting prereqs and gaining admission. Make sure they learn good communication skills, I believe these are truly more important than organic chemistry.

Just my two cents.