Menu

I'm graduating my baby tonight...

My younger dd will graduate from our high school tonight, and complete her freshman year of college next week. She plans to continue in the graphic design program at our local community college for two more years before attending a university of her choice here in North Carolina, possibly to study marketing and business.

She said she finds the whole "graduation" idea to be anticlimatic after spending a year as a full-time college student, but I am glad she's had this year of transition. I doubt she'll feel very different, except that she is taking the summer off from school (which I don't think we've done completely since she was 7 years old!) to work her parttime job and relax, as well as participate in a short-term mission trip to Haiti.

Thanks for being with me along this journey. I brought this baby home for school in third grade, and found the WTM immediately, and started frequenting the boards within the first couple of months. :)

Since I still teach fulltime in a classical Christian school, you won't get rid of me this easily, however. I'll be around.

LoriM

PS By the way, our newlyweds are doing well. My older dd found a job, and after two weeks' training, she has begun it "for real" and feels very gainfully employed again. Personally, I'm glad it took her a few months to find work, after so many years of very hard work in school. She deserved a break!