Menu

Potter's School, how big are the classes?

Hi Sena,

I just asked my son. He's taking biology and Latin 1 this year and took HTML last year. He said his class average has been about 15 kids. I'm not sure of the rule, though. That's just been our experience.

BTW, we've loved everything about TPS and will be signing up today for several classes between my two kids.:)

My son has had an average of 15 students in his Latin and writing classes these past two years.

The teachers, in my experience, have been wonderful about giving individual support outside of class time when it has been initiated by the student.

Thanks for your responses, I was hoping the classes wouldn't be too large.

He has been working on the placement test today. I hear classes fill up quite quickly, how soon should I get this in to ensure a spot for him?

We've been taking classes with TPS for four years now. They try to cap the classes at 15 students; our dc have never had a class over 15.

You don't need to turn your placement test in before registering for a class (unless a teacher has told you differently, but I've never heard of that). We've always registered and then took the placement test. Your "seat" won't be confirmed until the teacher has approved the placement test, but it will be held for you. At least that's the way it's always worked for us. I'd recommend registering for the class as soon as your time frame opens (overseas students, returning families, then new families).