Menu

Your thoughts on my SOTW1 plan/schedule?

I think I have figured out how I want to execute this awesome curriculum. I was hoping some experienced SOTW users would weigh in with your thoughts.

There are 94 subsections in total. We try to keep our school year to 36 official weeks. I plan to do history M,W,F. That calculates out to 31 weeks and 1 day of reading/map work/coloring pages. That gives me 14 days of projects and catch up days sprinkled throughout the year.

Each day I would do 1 section of reading with the kids coloring while I read, comprehension questions, narration, and corresponding map work. Extra reading and literature would just be "naturally" tied into our normal school, free reading, etc. I don't want the kids to associate reading historical books to be just a "history thing".

Clearly if the kids get super excited about something, we'll take extra time on that subject and accomodate accordingly.

What do you guys think??

Edited by sewpeaceful

It sounds good. And you will actually have some days go more quickly as there won't be a map for every section. There is only one per chapter, and some chapters have 2 or 3 sections.

That is good to know. I am actually relieved to realize there is only 1 map per chapter. Not every day has as many minutes as I need given the 1yo and life happens.

Yippee!!

Now... to get through the move... where is it we are moving again? Hmmm... I guess He'll tell me in His time. :)

Thanks for your input! I feel better going into the fall semester now.