Menu

What Science is working for you?

For 8th grade and up? I was not too pleased with Apologia's General Science. The questions were a bit too analytical for us and my 7th grade had a difficult time with it. I prefer something with more colorful illustrations. However....If Apologia got "better" meaning more interesting etc...from then on I may continue

For 8th grade and up? I was not too pleased with Apologia's General Science. The questions were a bit too analytical for us and my 7th grade had a difficult time with it. I prefer something with more colorful illustrations. However....If Apologia got "better" meaning more interesting etc...from then on I may continue

My son is using Abeka, with a co-op and loving it. I am not a huge abeka or textbook fan but he is loving it. He is a real sciency person

My dd is using rainbow science with the same co-op and loves it. She is not a huge science person at all. she likes that it gets to the point quick.

hth

lori

My son did great with Apologia for science. He used Apologia's physical science, chemistry, physics adv. chem and adv physics. We used A Beka's biology. He's off at college now doing wonderfully.

My daughter used A Beka's biology and Apologia Chemistry. She hated Apologia with a passion. Hated it. We ended up using a college textbook for Geology this year and she'll likely use a college textbook for Botany next year. She likes to have color pictures, illustrations, etc too. For her, I wish I had tried a different chemistry.

My dd13/almost 4 is using Singapore's Biology Matters and doing really well with it. She is also attending a Science class, not related to the book, so it is not her only Science, but the class has no homework so I use the Singapore book. It is a little above her level but she is coping. She takes notes for one week, then the next week she does the workbook. We dont do any practical work with it.