Menu

Physics textbooks - Apologia vs Saxon

I haven't seen either of these books yet, but my plan as of now is to do Apologia next year, followed by Saxon the year after. I'm guessing that Saxon is more heavily into the math, but what about the concepts? Will it be a repetition of what's in Apologia, or will it be different material? Is there a better course to use as a follow up after Apologia to prepare for AP (the easiest of the AP's)?

Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

Another thread has me wondering if maybe Apologia Advanced Physics would be a better follow-up and preparation for the AP than Saxon. Here's the write up on this from the Apologia website:

Advanced Physics

In order to take this course, a student must have already completed a high school physics course, preferably Exploring Creation With Physics. When added to that first-year course, this course "fills in the gaps" and gives the student the equivalent of one year of university-level physics. You may have heard this kind of course called an "Advanced Placement" or "AP" course. In addition to a first-year physics course, the student must have also completed a trigonometry course in order to take Advanced Physics in Creation. The course provides detailed descriptions of kinematics, dynamics, rotational motion, gravity, oscillations, waves, optics, thermal physics, electrical forces, electrical potential, DC circuits, magnetic forces, atomic physics, and nuclear physics. The student is also given an introduction to the fascinating topics of special relativity and general relativity.

Any thoughts?