Menu

lapbooks - one per kid?

MeganW

I am attempting to combine a gentle version of Galloping the Globe with Five In A Row.

So we will start with a light overview of maps, globes, directions, etc., then we will "row" these.

How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World

Amelia's Fantastic Flight

Katy and the Big Snow (compass directions)

I have never done a lapbook before. Can you give me some ideas of what you would include in the lapbook for this first unit? Would you just cover geography? Would you do one lapbook for all of the above? Or one for each of the three books? For those who do lapbooks with preschoolers / kindergarteners, does each kid make one? Or one per family?

THANKS!!

Edited by MeganW

with kids that age, I would do one per family...because you will be doing most of the work...so unless you have a lot of extra time (and if you do, I need to talk to you and find out how you do it...)...one per family is enough. And as far as what to include...just the basics...find a premade on online might help...there are some great sites...google free lapbooks.

Good luck!

While we enjoy Lapbooks, we choose to do Notebooking for GTG instead and found it much easier and just as effective and exciting. So we keep each of the sheets we complete: map, flag, animal, famous site, etc, most drawn by freehand using another picture to look at, or by tracing. Then we assemble in a folder w/ staples down the side to made a book, and create a cover for that particular continent with the countries on the front of the folder.

Recently, Geography Matters has put out a e-book with the reproducible pages from Galloping the Globe; it is $10. http://www.geomatters.com/products/details.asp?ID=432

Also available is A Journey Through Learning has created a lapbook to go along with GTG: http://www.ajourneythroughlearning.net/gaglcso.html

These look really neat to use with the manual.

Lisa