Menu

Geographical knowledge: A - Z, World Capitals

Funafuti - Tuvalu

I am assuming that only one capital is required per letter as there are a fair number that have been missed, Ankara, Amsterdam, Banjul, Dili etc.

Edited by pqr

Jakarta, Indonesia

Reason for editing: I originally went with Jerusalem, Israel, but then got to thinking about the Israel-Palestine conflict. I'm really not interested in turning this quiz into a political discussion (certainly not my intent!)... ;-)

Edited by Dandelion

If I ever seem to be having trouble falling asleep (not very often for me), I play this game (in my head, of course)! Sometimes, to make it harder, I make the rule that I must alternate continents (so, if my A city is in Europe, the B city has to be on another continent). I am such a nerd! I also play it by naming countries in ABC order, and trying to remember their capitals. Or by naming an animal that starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Yes, I am a nerd. :D

Wendi

If I ever seem to be having trouble falling asleep (not very often for me), I play this game (in my head, of course)! Sometimes, to make it harder, I make the rule that I must alternate continents (so, if my A city is in Europe, the B city has to be on another continent). I am such a nerd! I also play it by naming countries in ABC order, and trying to remember their capitals. Or by naming an animal that starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Yes, I am a nerd. :D

Wendi

My two youngest and my dh are playing right now. It seems to be distracting them from throwing up so I am all for it. We frequently play variations of this in the car or when waiting at a restraunts. Apparently it is not uncommon amoung homeschoolers because we once had a waitress ask if we were homeschoolers and when I told her we were she said she knew it because we were playing the ABC game. :001_smile:

Edited by KidsHappen