Menu

Where could I buy a teacher lesson plan book?

http://www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1272691365-144893&subject=1&category=131

If you keep clicking, eventually you can see three pages of the product. It's lined, which I like, and has the days of the week across the top. I rarely reorder anything, but I've used these for two years in a row.

I haven't seen anything exactly like this at office supply stores, but you could look at Office Depot, or check chain stores like Walmart around late July when the back to school supplies come in. Urban areas also have teacher stores.

Here are many free forms http://donnayoung.org You could use these all year or to experiment with what kind of planner works best for you.

B&N has recently reorganized the inside of their stores around here. There is now a big section where they have test prep books and lots of teachers resources. I have seen lesson plan books there.

We also have a few teacher supply stores, including one at an outlet mall. They have a bigger selection.

A third option is to go to www.donnayoung.org website and print out the lesson plan sheets she has designed. She has several different styles and explains the pros and cons of each.

HTH

Do you have a teacher supply store near you?

Our medium-sized city, as well as the smaller one next to us, has one of these. They have several kinds to choose from and range form $6-$10.

I never knew they were 'open to the public', so I had never wandered in until I started to homeschool. If you have one of these stores near you, it's worth a look!

Oh, and another source is if you have an off-campus bookstore. Ours have the planners, too.

Use the Homeschooler's High School Journal. This is Item #: 004568 at Rainbow Resource.

Also, this year for the first time instead of a calendar from January-December, I purchased an "Academic Monthly Appointment Planner" which goes from August to July. This works really well for planning the school year, so that when there is a break from a class or activity, I don't have to transfer all that information from my notes in December to a new calendar in January when I'm always busy! The one I purchased last year is titled: "House of Doolittle Academic Monthly Appointment Planner."

Pat

I've used Donna Young's website and I like it, but printer ink cost way too much to keep printing stuff out. Thanks for the other places.

What about printing out the pages you want to use, then having enough copies made at an office store. Homeschoolers can get a teacher discount that is often applicable to printing. You couple even get it spiral or comb bound.

This would allow you not only to make just the grid you like but even pre-write subject headings for your classes.