Menu

Test results---and thanks!

Thanks to all of you who prayed for my GRE test yesterday! It went very well, and my scores (especially the verbal) exceeded what I'd been hoping for. I think I'll be competitive enough to get into the schools of my choice.

It definitely wasn't me---the prayers really helped! I was so tired when I got up yesterday morning that I thought, "This is the most inauspicious way I could think of to go into this thing."

The test was a little more brutal than I thought it would be. First, the two writing sessions (I knew about those). Then, the proctor told us that we would either be taking an extra quantitative test or an extra verbal test, for "research purposes" for ETS (Educational Testing Services) to "improve the overall GRE test." We would not be told which was the "sample" or "research" test, so we had to treat them all alike. So, I had the quantitative test first (45 min.) then the verbal (30) then another quantitative test (45 min.) God must have a sense of humor, right? He's trying to help me help my kids with math, right?

One of the worst parts was no water allowed in the test room, and only one break. I was exhausted last night, but glad it's over.

Anyway, no more GRE prep.! Thanks again, all of you. It wasn't me.

Non nobis Domine, sed nomine tuo da gloriam.

Sounds like it was a killer. I hope I never have to do it. It makes self-educating sound much easier GRIN.

Do you know the Byrd tune to Non nobis? It is glorious. My sister and I sing this in parts. It is my favourite piece of music. Last year I went to sing it and suddenly realized I'd done enough Latin to understand what the words meant, which was fun.

Way to go!

-Nan

immediately, but the essay scores come back in 2-3 weeks. Those---I did OK, but nothing absolutely stellar.

Still, it's a relief to have it over and done with. Now, I can just spend time reading and doing other things instead of looking at the GRE prep. book. I was getting tired of that!

the soldier-knight who starts the song after the battle---he is the composer of the song!

Enjoy the movie! It's wonderful!

OMG'sh! It was awesome! He really wrote that? I would love to find a copy of that somewhere. I can't quite remember the tune (and it really bugs me) now that the movie is over.

My son wanted to watch the movie rather than American Idol -- we have come a long way!