Menu

Spanish curriculum for 8, 11 and 13 yo?

Bokons

We are thinking about moving to Peru (where dh is from) next year, and I would like to start my dc with learning some Spanish. What would be some good curricula for this? Dh doesn't speak much Spanish with the dc, I took one year of it in university, and can have a really simple conversation.

Thanks.

Breaking the Spanish Barrier at least for 13, maybe for 11, probably too old for youngest. I own it, I love it. I would also add in Rosetta Stone for help with pronunciation, because it is fun (and encourages kids to increase their daily language work time because of the fun aspect), and can help build vocabulary, but would not recommend you use it alone.

http://www.tobreak.com/

I'll second the Rosetta Stone. It's an immersion program, which I think is way better than just teaching translations. Ds is using the Latin American Spanish and is doing quite well with it. It's expensive, but it's something your whole family could benefit from. There are workbooks that you can get to go with RS, but I've not used those at this point.