Menu

Does any history curriculum use Guerber books as spines?

Teresa in MO

No, the TQ commentary it very valuable in my opinion. Some feel that it is too chatty in style, but I love the synthesis it provides to studying history with a living books approach. Guerber is one of several spine choices, and a great one imo. We will stay with TQ all the way through high school definately.

Here is a sample of how I schedule Truthquest in our family. The sample is Quarter, I plan in 4 quarters for each book. I list all our reading books available at home or the library and check off what they read. Then, they know the remaining books they can choose to request at the library during the next history cycle or in the summer. Some of the formatting is off when published as a web page but you get the idea of how we plan.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcf69chs_10gx65jmc9

No, the TQ commentary it very valuable in my opinion. Some feel that it is too chatty in style, but I love the synthesis it provides to studying history with a living books approach. Guerber is one of several spine choices, and a great one imo. We will stay with TQ all the way through high school definately.

Here is a sample of how I schedule Truthquest in our family. The sample is Quarter, I plan in 4 quarters for each book. I list all our reading books available at home or the library and check off what they read. Then, they know the remaining books they can choose to request at the library during the next history cycle or in the summer. Some of the formatting is off when published as a web page but you get the idea of how we plan.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcf69chs_10gx65jmc9

do you have this in a format that you could share through email? I have been planning on using TQAHYS II but had almost changed my mind because I felt overwhelmed by all the planning. This looks like it would help alot.

do you have this in a format that you could share through email? I have been planning on using TQAHYS II but had almost changed my mind because I felt overwhelmed by all the planning. This looks like it would help alot.

I don't think I should bc it gives away too much of the TQ curriculum book recs, and probably violates copyright.

I just shared quarter 1 to give an idea of how easy it is to make a schedule out of it. I've read people say the lack of a schedule turns them off to TQ, but it is easy to make one!

Just divide the book into 4 sections and create weeks for TQ commentary and spine readings like I did. Once you see online what books in the guide your library has your schedule and reading lists falls into place quickly.

I don't think I should bc it gives away too much of the TQ curriculum book recs, and probably violates copyright.

I just shared quarter 1 to give an idea of how easy it is to make a schedule out of it. I've read people say the lack of a schedule turns them off to TQ, but it is easy to make one!

Just divide the book into 4 sections and create weeks for TQ commentary and spine readings like I did. Once you see online what books in the guide your library has your schedule and reading lists falls into place quickly.

Ok, but wanted to let you know I have the book TQ. As I said this is what I was planning on using just thought your schedule would make it easier.

I really like the Guerber books and wish I could find a program that uses them as a spine.

I really like how you have done this. Would you be willing share a little more on how you and your kids use this type of plan?

Jan

Remember it's very rough right now... :001_smile:

http://www.scribd.com/full/30618143?access_key=key-1o4zy5gkpggqime7vkph

Green - activity

Blue - additional WHOLE books

Pink - additional PARTS of books

Red - TruthQuest sections

Thank you so much for sharing, Audrey. I'm trying to make my own history curriculum for next year using Grueber/Miller: Ancients, Greece & Rome. This really helps to see the big picture (sometimes you get lost on the way ;) ) and adds some things to ponder.

Remember it's very rough right now... :001_smile:

http://www.scribd.com/full/30618143?access_key=key-1o4zy5gkpggqime7vkph

Green - activity

Blue - additional WHOLE books

Pink - additional PARTS of books

Red - TruthQuest sections

Thank you. The more I read the Guerber books the more I like them. I was having a hard time figuring out how to use them as a spine.

Jan