Menu

I want something done for me!

thowell

Does anyone every get to a point where you feel the urge to go with something all planned out for you? I am there!!!! My plans for next year were TQ AHFYSII and Considering God's Creations and make my own Geography as we go. However, this is similar to what I have done this year and I am soooooo tired of having to search for books and search for activities and plan. I would love something that is all wrapped up together for me. We will be covering the history period after the Revolutionary war to present and Science is wide open. I have looked at SL but just can't afford it. My girls will be 2nd and 5th grade. Any ideas to keep me sane? Just wanted to add I am looking for something with a christian viewpoint built in.

Edited by thowell

I'm feeling alot the same. Like I have to search for everything and sometimes not getting as much covered as I want to. I decided to go with Core 2 for my middle son next year, my older will listen along and do some books from ToG for the same time period. I highly recommend looking at buying used, the for sale board here is great and you can often find set and pieces for sale at ebay. SL doesn't have to cost $1000.

I can't reccommend God's Design for Science enough. We are doing the Life series this year and will do the Heaven and Earth series next. It is very, very simple. We do a chapter every Mon, Wed, and Friday. The chapters are informative, but also quick to do. Many of the activities that go along with them are simple enough that I could gather what I needed at the beginning of the year and have it all on hand. My kids are young so we don't do everything, but I love this series.

Hope you are able to find what will work for your family. :grouphug:

How about My Father's World? They have a MFWcurriculum yahoo group where you can get packages used for a pretty good price - just add math and LA at each child's level and you are set. ETA that you would want 1850 - modern times.

This is probably tops on my list. Is the schedule completely done for you or is it just an outline? Do you still have to collect the books for yourself or do they come with the package?

Oh yes. Right there with you. I swear I spent all last summer, I think the summer before that too, writing out plans. Picking out books, books, books. I really liked doing it, but really.....the kids swam, I planned. The kids played, I planned. The kids slept, I planned. Enough. It is taking away from my life too much. I am doing Oak Meadow this year. I will add in some Ambleside for picture study, read alouds, poetry, history, etc. I am even considering adding in a very light version of TOG year 2. But that is it. Their plans, not mine.:thumbup1:

Same here! I used a combination of TQ AHYS 1 and BF Early American Primary and Intermediate this year. I love to plan, but then I end up spending most of my time planning. I never get half of what I have planned done, so most of that time was wasted anyway. I ordered MFW 1850 to Modern last week. It's due to come tomorrow. I can't wait!

Does anyone every get to a point where you feel the urge to go with something all planned out for you? I am there!!!! My plans for next year were TQ AHFYSII and Considering God's Creations and make my own Geography as we go. However, this is similar to what I have done this year and I am soooooo tired of having to search for books and search for activities and plan. I would love something that is all wrapped up together for me. We will be covering the history period after the Revolutionary war to present and Science is wide open. I have looked at SL but just can't afford it. My girls will be 2nd and 5th grade. Any ideas to keep me sane? Just wanted to add I am looking for something with a christian viewpoint built in.

Oh yeah. I'm over all the planning, tweaking, searching, and deciding. I've been piecing everything together for the last few years and have spent countless hours trying to make things match up perfectly. I'm indecisive as it is! :tongue_smilie:

You really can't go wrong with MFW, HOD, or Sonlight. We've used all three at one time or another in the past. I got a taste of a full program again this year with HOD for our 4th grade ds, and it was awesome! I am on the hunt now for something all planned out for both him and his older db. I'm looking forward to using one of them next year and the much needed break.

Same here! I used a combination of TQ AHYS 1 and BF Early American Primary and Intermediate this year. I love to plan, but then I end up spending most of my time planning. I never get half of what I have planned done, so most of that time was wasted anyway. I ordered MFW 1850 to Modern last week. It's due to come tomorrow. I can't wait!

lucky, lucky you!!