Menu

9th grade science...help me decide....

Hi,

I'm trying to decide what to include or where to include it on a transcript for 9th grade. We plan on using Apologia's Biology and I'm also designing our 1/2 credit Health class from things already on our shelf. One thing I purchased and I'm not sure where it best fits (on a transcript) is the Teaching Company's Understanding the Human Body: An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology. I assume it could be used for either class (as an adjunct to Biology and then I could call it an AP course) or for Health (which might actually make Health and Nutrition a full credit course for us - I'd count it as an elective. Where would you put it?

Thanks! The transcript is a new learning curve.

Blessings,

Julie

The only way you can list a class as AP on your transcript is if you are using a curriculum that has been specifically approved by the College Board. However, your student can certainly take the AP test, and you can report the scores on the transcript. You just can't say they took "AP Biology".