Menu

Question about WVWW

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Would it be possible to do just the philosophy/theology aspect of WVWW? In my ISP another leader is going to organize a group for kids going through WVWW starting this year and going on for 4 years (her son will be in 9th grade and will be going through WVWW through the next 4 years), meeting every other week for discussion/etc. I LOVE my history/unit study program (TRISMS) and don't want to change it, especially since WVWW is much weaker when it comes to history. TRISMS covers history/humanities/literature/etc (basically you learn all aspects of the civilizations you study) so the ONLY thing I'd want to do from WVWW would be the philosophy/theology aspect of it (this is covered some in TRISMS as you study the religious views of the civilizations you study but not to the depth or focus that it has with WVWW).

I did several searches and they helped but none of them completely helped with my questions above. I looked at the samples on Cornerstone's website but that didn't answer everything either, so I'm coming to the experts:001_smile: It would be really nice if my son was able to participate in this group but I don't know if that would be possible given how much overlap there would be between WVWW and TRISMS.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Boy, I'm not sure how you would do that. The philosophy/theology aspects that you are looking for are interwoven throughout the course. Literature is the MAIN component of WVWW so I'm not sure that your son would be able to swing both literature programs unless they use the same works at the same time.

You might benefit from using just a straight World Views program rather than a program that incorporates so many subjects. Something like Understanding the Times (depending on your son's age), or just reading some appropriate books like Assumptions or some of the Nancy Peacey books, or Worldview.org (Brannon Howse) materials.

TOG, Trisims, and WVWW are similar as far as literature goes and require so much time that I don't see how you could do both or even just aspects of one.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Thank you so much Cynthia! That is what I suspected but wanted to be sure before I completely ruled out WVWW. I'll just stick with what we are doing and look for other things for him to be involved with.