Menu

Science similar to TT for 10th/11th Grader

Hi,

My sister has a son who is going into 11th grade (I believe). She saw my Teaching Textbooks for my oldest dd and was wondering if there was anything similar to that for science. Her son is not the math-science type (He loves History & Bible) so I think Apologia might be to much for him. I am also not sure exactly what branch of science she is looking for (forgot to ask and to early to call her).

UPDATE: Okay talked to my sister - He is finishing Chemistry this year and is using SOS, so he would be going into whatever comes after Chemistry (Physics, I think). She would like something that uses CD-R or DVD's to teach and make it interesting and has workbooks that go with it.

Thank you!

Edited by kayinpa

Thanks, I was actually looking at that one, would love more input on it from those who have used it.

I haven't taught a full class with it yet, but I am switching to KB from Apologia for our co-op next year. I do have both the Conceptual and Principles levels installed on my laptop. I also have the Virtual Labs installed.

I have used some of the animations to demonstrate some concepts to my current Physics classes, and my sons and I have had fun exploring the texts.

If I can answer any questions, I'd be glad to.