Menu

Poll on sandwich -- sitting or standing? Help dh & I figure this out

Do you sit or stand to make sandwiches  

1. 1. Do you sit or stand to make sandwiches

• All sandwich makers in my home stand
    • All sandwich makers in my home sit
    • Most of the time stand, but sometimes sit
    • Mostly sit, sometimes stand
    • We are a divided home ;), I stand, other(s) sit(s)
    • Divded home ;), I sit, other (s) stands
    • About half and half
    • We don't make sandwiches here
    • Other

This is all in fun, between dh & I, but I was curious about what the hive does. Dh sits down whenever he makes a sandwich, and as far as I can remember, he's the only person I've ever seen do this unless it's a make your own sandwich lunch. He thinks it's normal.

So, sit or stand while making it?

Edited by Karin

This is all in fun, between dh & I, but I was curious about what the hive does. Dh sits down whenever he makes a sandwich, and as far as I can remember, he's the only person I've ever seen do this unless it's a make your own sandwich lunch. He thinks it's normal.

So, sit or stand?

I'm with you. I stand to make it, sit to eat it. The only exception to this is when we have lots of people, lay all the sandwich stuff out on the table, and everyone makes their own sandwiches. Then, the making is kind of part of the meal. Otherwise, it seems a big waste to sit down to make a sandwich. Is it normal in his childhood home? Is it regional? Does he have a traumatic childhood experience related to making a sandwich while standing??

I don't know of a kitchen where there is even a place to sit?

Does he go over to the dining room to make it or something?

I'm curious about this, too--we can't sit to make anything unless we bring it over to the table in the dining room. Perhaps you have an eat-in kitchen?

Yeah, we don't have an eat-in chicken, so standing to prepare food is the norm here unless, like a pp stated, I'm making a lot of meatballs or something.

I'd have to carry all the sandwhich ingredients OVER TO THE DINING ROOM TABLE then assembe it then WALK THEM ALL OVER TO THE FRIDGE TO PUT THEM AWAY then back to the table to eat it.

Too much work. Easier to stand, get it done quickly, then sit to eat.

I'm with you. I stand to make it, sit to eat it. The only exception to this is when we have lots of people, lay all the sandwich stuff out on the table, and everyone makes their own sandwiches. Then, the making is kind of part of the meal. Otherwise, it seems a big waste to sit down to make a sandwich. Is it normal in his childhood home? Is it regional? Does he have a traumatic childhood experience related to making a sandwich while standing??:lol::lol::lol:

His mother & sister stand to make them.

Dh sits down whenever he makes a sandwich, and as far as I can remember, he's the only person I've ever seen do this unless it's a make your own sandwich lunch. He thinks it's normal.

Never heard of such a thing. If he's preparing other food, does he sit for that as well?

K

I'm curious about this, too--we can't sit to make anything unless we bring it over to the table in the dining room. Perhaps you have an eat-in kitchen?

We have an eat in kitchen, but dh has to carry everything about 10 feet to the table to sit & make his sandwiches. He does it in the morning before work, otherwise he doesn't care for sandwiches. He claims it's lack of counter space, but he did this when we had space, too. (we still have space, but people keep messing it up...)

I said divided home....

Everyone who can reach the counters stand....those who can't, kneel/sit on a counter stool to reach the counter. We have 3 stools in the kitchen at a bar.

I think it is easier to stand. That way I can put everything away and then sit to eat it.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Gosh, how long does it take to make a sandwich that one has to sit down to do it? :lol:

We stand.

Unfortunately, I also stand to eat two of my meals every day, sandwich or not.

I should get into the habit of sitting down for breakfast and lunch. Maybe I would enjoy it more and eat less.

Yeah, we don't have an eat-in chicken, so standing to prepare food is the norm here unless, like a pp stated, I'm making a lot of meatballs or something.

I'd have to carry all the sandwhich ingredients OVER TO THE DINING ROOM TABLE then assembe it then WALK THEM ALL OVER TO THE FRIDGE TO PUT THEM AWAY then back to the table to eat it.

Too much work. Easier to stand, get it done quickly, then sit to eat.

Eat-in chicken!!:lol::lol:

We have an eat in kitchen but none of us have ever sat down to make a sandwich! We take the stuff out of the fridge, put it right on the stovetop or counter, and stand there making the sandwiches, then bring the plates to the table and sit down and eat. Unless like others said it's a situation where we have company and we're just putting a platter on the table for people to make their own sandwiches while we all sit around the table eating together!

My dh is like yours. He takes everything he needs to the table, makes his sandwich, eats the sandwich, then takes everything back into the kitchen to put it all away. Drives me crazy because I hate eating at a table that's crowded with stuff and I hate everything being out so long. I've taught my kids to make it on the counter by the fridge (bread is within reach too) and put everything away as they make their sandwich. I will not let this sitting to make sandwiches pass to the next generation!

Melissa

My dh would like to meet your hubby. He's never, ever met anyone who sits down to make a sandwich and he's worked in lots and lots of restaurants and hung out with really weird people. :o

:lol::lol::lol: The funny thing is that if you were to meet my dh, you would not think he was weird. Almost everyone likes my dh, and I get many compliments about how wonderful/kind/nice he is from his customers and other people. He dresses fairly conservatively, is soft spoken, eats normal food, likes fairly normal things.

Dh says he's quite happy to be in a small minority here.

My dh is like yours. He takes everything he needs to the table, makes his sandwich, eats the sandwich, then takes everything back into the kitchen to put it all away. Drives me crazy because I hate eating at a table that's crowded with stuff and I hate everything being out so long. I've taught my kids to make it on the counter by the fridge (bread is within reach too) and put everything away as they make their sandwich. I will not let this sitting to make sandwiches pass to the next generation!

Melissa

Glad to know there is another dh out there like mine, although he's the one who hates to eat at a crowded table. He makes sandwiches for work lunches, so doesn't actually eat them right after he's made them, though. But I'm like you about leaving things out too long.

So, sit or stand while making it?

:smilielol5:

mostly stand, rarely sit.