Menu

Grammar for 9th?

Well, I'm planning on CLE's language arts book for my upcoming 9th grader. It's only a 1/2 yr. program, so I told her she could do it all before Christmas or stretch it out and spend the yr. with it. I think the material is solid, not overkill, and no fluff. I want her spending way more time writing than diagramming at this age.

Since she has already had plenty of grammar, I love this little book my dd is doing right now in 10th:

http://www.amazon.com/Painless-Grammar-Rebecca-Elliott-Ph-D/dp/0764134361/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272014247&sr=8-1

She is enjoying it as well. Every section has a set of what the author calls brain ticklers - sentences to correct using what you just learned. But the best part is the answer key, because she doesn't just give the correct answers, but explains why they are correct. We bought the writing one as well. Very good little books that cover a lot of useful information. :)