Menu

Biology 101 questions

At their website, they mention a 12 page "Course Accredidation Program" for those who want to make it a year long biology course.

Has anyone here used this, and if so, what are your opinions on it? Does it constitute an average high school Biology course? To make it into a year long biology course, do you have to add in other books?

Thanks!

On the web site I saw a link to the PDF for their suggested activities/books (or at least part of it) to make it a year-long course, so you can actually look at it. It looked a little light to me, but I suppose it is flexible enough that you can do more with it if you would like as it was pretty general (i.e. read books on plants from the library, not specific titles) HTH -

On the web site I saw a link to the PDF for their suggested activities/books (or at least part of it) to make it a year-long course, so you can actually look at it. It looked a little light to me, but I suppose it is flexible enough that you can do more with it if you would like as it was pretty general (i.e. read books on plants from the library, not specific titles) HTH -

I thought it was supposed to come with the DVDs, but I didn't find it with mine. :001_huh: I'll check out the website and see what they say about it...

We're doing virtual labs, plus a few we can do on our own.

We have books dd will be reading as well, though I haven't organized it all yet.

Books:

The Genesis of Germs

Exploring the History of Medicine

Exploring the World of Biology

Body by Design

And we also have: Anatomy & Physiololy for Health Professions, An Interactive Journey. It has a cd with it and looks pretty neat! I'm just not sure what level dd will catch on to, so we'll see how this goes.

Plus she'll be reading about the scientists as well.

I think she'll put in plenty of hours to get a grade!