Menu

Dh told me last night that he goes back to 70-80 hour weeks in June.

It's only for about 6 weeks this time. In the spring it is more like 10 weeks. In October it will probably be 3-4. So, his crazy schedule (7 days a week, 6-7am until whenever) is for more than 4 months of the year rather than 3.

The benefit? His pay more than DOUBLES during that time because of all the OT. Can I tell you how much I love OT?:D

Remind me about the OT when I am going crazy in June and July because we don't get to see him, OK?:tongue_smilie:

You bet!! I remember that summer when dh would creep in late hours and be gone before we were up the next morning. But he would call me with utter excitement in his voice because he truly loved every moment of it, except for the time he painted the crash wall at 2a.m. using only the headlights of his pick-up.

There's a contagious energy in that atmosphere. It was nice to see him come home exhausted and happy instead of exhausted and frustrated.

:grouphug:

You bet!! I remember that summer when dh would creep in late hours and be gone before we were up the next morning. But he would call me with utter excitement in his voice because he truly loved every moment of it, except for the time he painted the crash wall at 2a.m. using only the headlights of his pick-up.

There's a contagious energy in that atmosphere. It was nice to see him come home exhausted and happy instead of exhausted and frustrated.

:grouphug:

:lol: I'll have to share that one with dh.

This time should be easier - in Feb. it POURED and everything was flooded. He spent most of his time pumping water, blowing straw, and putting down pallets so that RV owners could get out their front doors!

It's also only 6 weeks - in the spring it got to the point where he wasn't sure he could keep going. He would come home, sleep, and go back. One night during bike week he worked 7am until 3am the next morning, but he did that so he could be here for our 12yo's birthday party (he didn't have to go back until 10pm that night.)

He'll have vacation time in July, so we'll probably plan to go back to NC for a little while in between the July race and Biketoberfest.

:auto:

At least you have the benefit of OT. My dh's job requirement more than double in the spring/summer simply b/c of the nature of his work (he works in high school reform and planning time is obviously in the summer when school is out). He doesn't get OT nor will he get a raise this year. He travels to Philly once a week during the Fall-Spring but will likely be up there 3x plus each week come summer and likely from now on. Please remind me that we are blessed that he even has a job! :) And good luck to you...OT or not it is difficult to do what we all do when dh works a ton outside of the home. No rest for the weary, right?

OT envy! My husband's employer truly abuses the notion of an exempt employee. Not only that, but if they take time off they have to make it up on their own time or they get dinged for missing deadlines! He even took a sick day one week but still worked 55 hours that week. He still had to take a sick day (which comes out of vacation time). We'd love a job w/OT!!!!

OT envy! My husband's employer truly abuses the notion of an exempt employee. Not only that, but if they take time off they have to make it up on their own time or they get dinged for missing deadlines! He even took a sick day one week but still worked 55 hours that week. He still had to take a sick day (which comes out of vacation time). We'd love a job w/OT!!!!

Well, for all you that have OT envy - I'll help you out some.:D

Dh's regular pay is less than $11 an hour, so his OT rate is less than $16. Just for perspective, it takes $15 an hour to get to $30,000 a year.

Don't be envious!:lol: