Menu

Oak Meadow AP courses

Hi I'm looking into where dd can take AP courses. I know about PAH and TPS have a few, but came across OaK Meadow.

Has anyone takes courses thru' OM? Specifically AP courses - did the course prepare student for AP exam? IYHO was it worth the $$?

Are there other online sites that offer AP that are reputable and prepare dc well for exam?

Thanks!

I think OM is contracting with a third party for their AP courses. I've not used the company they go through, but considered them. We decided not to go the AP route, but there are other people who offer them online:

National University Virtual Highschool

http://www.nuvhs.org/

North Dakota Independent Studies

https://www.ndcde.org/Home.aspx

are a few others we looked into. If we did do AP I would've went with NUVHS, because we are in CA and the courses there are would've been a-g approved (when I cared if they were) if I wanted to use it as honors instead of AP.

Sorry, I forget...In CA, a-g is what is assigned to the courses at the public schools here that tell the University of CA system that these are supposedly "rigerous" courses.

I'm not sure I explained that correctly, but basically it's a requirement the UC system has put in place for applicants coming out of the schools here.

ETA: That doesn't mean that a student can't get into UC if they don't have these courses, they just have to take the SAT subject tests instead.At least that's what I've been told by UC Davis and all the high school counselors I've spoken to.

Ellie, or other CA mom's, are you out there, can you explain it better?

Edited by LunaLee