Menu

Recs for new washer

We're moving and will need to get a new washer/dryer (the house doesn't have one). We currently have a front loader which I like in theory for being more efficient, but I hate in practice as I get dark stains on my clothes from time to time. I assume it's the front loader as I've googled it and seen others with the same issue...I don't know what causes it but fairly often I'll have a stain on my clothes that just looks darker than the actual fabric, almost like a grease spot but it isn't grease.

Anyway, I'm looking for recs for a washer if you have one you love. Great if it's HE, and even better if it doesn't have the stain issue.

We have an LG -- it's the 2nd one we've had as we had an LG W/D in another house. We moved here and there was an LG washer and some other dryer -- we just purchased the LG dryer over the weekend. I guess that now I've used LG W/Ds for the past 4 or 5 years and I am pleased with them.

I've never had the issue you spoke of regarding grease stains.

I had a Bosch prior to the first LG, and we liked it, but it was too small.

I have the Whirlpool Duet set. I've never had stain issues, though. If I had to do it all over again, I'd the the set that comes in RED. Why? Because it's prettier!:lol:

Anyway. I've had no issues with my Duet set at all.

Me too -- the RED that is! My new laundry room is going to be so nice looking and I wish my w/d weren't WHITE!:D

I have a front-loading washer and dryer set from LG. I've had them for 8 years, and I love them.

but I hate in practice as I get dark stains on my clothes from time to time. I assume it's the front loader as I've googled it and seen others with the same issue...I don't know what causes it but fairly often I'll have a stain on my clothes that just looks darker than the actual fabric, almost like a grease spot but it isn't grease.

I've read that this can be caused by using too much detergent or non-HE detergent.

Thanks for the recs!

I do use the HE detergent and very little of it. I've heard also some people say that's the issue, or that cleaning the gunk from the rubber seal will help. I've done that too and tried the Affresh washer cleanign stuff. The stains seem to decrease some after that but they don't go away completely. They are fairly random but consistent. Consistently random, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the recs!

I do use the HE detergent and very little of it. I've heard also some people say that's the issue, or that cleaning the gunk from the rubber seal will help. I've done that too and tried the Affresh washer cleanign stuff. The stains seem to decrease some after that but they don't go away completely. They are fairly random but consistent. Consistently random, if that makes sense.

You may need to do it more than once.

I use the "tub clean" feature on my washer. Because it uses bleach and I'm the paranoid type, I always run it a second time without the bleach just to make sure it's all rinsed out.

I have a GE FL with the hot water heater onboard. I like it fine for regular clothes. It is a lot of work to get super dirty and/or diapers clean. Were I to do it again, I would probably look into the Fisher Paykel top loader or another top loader that uses less water but still cleans.

Our new house has a spot for a stackable washer and dryer and I don't have a dryer. So I'm in the market for a new dryer, even though the one I have works just fine.

I've had a Samsung set for almost a year, and I am in ***love*** with them. I've always used powdered HE detergent and I've NEVER had any kind of stain. (In fact, stains come out!) I can't say that my Samsung set is as immovable as the ones you see on TV...but I'm still really, really happy with them.

I have an Asko front loader in America and a cheapo dryer that does the job okay, anyway. I would have liked an Asko dryer, but it was over double what the cheapo cost, so dh said it wasn't necessary. I still wish I had it, lol.

Here in India I have a Bosch front loader, which is good, too, and a really simple dryer by Evolution. You just turn the dial timer and press the start button. My level of technology, lol.

Maybe it's just me, but I hope I never have to go back to top loaders.

I have the front-loading Frigidaire washer and dryer, the kind that can be stacked (they're full size, but not the ginormous ones). I've had exactly ZERO issues with it--no smells, no mysterious stains, nothin'. I only use Amway laundry products and am extremely happy with the results.